- "As an industry leader, Frontier still saw a payback from our ISBF membership immediately. Networking at a quarterly roundtable, we were able to find a recycling solution that saved us almost $20,000"Sustainable Supply Chain MgrFrontier Co-op
- "Because of ISBF, Principal was able to make a direct contact at a roundtable and schedule a visit to tour the sustainability program of another Iowa business we had been trying to reach"Real Estate Asset ManagerPrincipal
- "ISBF offers a chance to share our successes with other Iowa businesses. West Liberty Foods is proud of earning Landfill-Free™ Verification, and we enjoy teaching others how we did it because that helps the whole state."Director EHSWest Liberty Foods
- "Being an ISBF member helps Meredith continue improving our sustainability efforts. Networking and sharing helps all of us keep learning, fine-tuning existing programs and processes, and creating new ones"Dir. of Corp. CommunicationsMeredith Corporation
- "I was able to attend the business tour in Ames, taking my staff from building services and marketing with me. It was a great opportunity for Casey's to learn about different sustainability projects and see them in action"Energy & Sustainability ManagerCasey's General Stores
- "At our first roundtable, I got great ideas to launch our waste reduction and cost-savings plan. Members shared a free assessment servers and "low-hanging fruit" we could tackle first to help get leadership buy-in"Sr. Environmental TechnicianWells Enterprises-Blue Bunny
Any size business interested in taking a leadership role in driving the direction of the association, fulfilling the mission and vision of the association, and contributing annual dues of $3,500 or more, in exchange for access to all programming provided by the association, recognition and promotion as a Leadership Member, and a reserved position on the Board of Directors.
A majority vote by the Board is required for approval to meet intention of the Code of Conduct, and also will determine voting or non-voting advisory status, and should the original designated representative leave the member business during their tenure on the Board, a majority vote will be needed for approval of their replacement representative and voting status.
Any size business interested in fulfilling the mission and vision of the association, and contributing annual dues defined below based on their employee count in Iowa, in exchange for access to all programming provided by the association, recognition and promotion as a Business Member.
- $250 for fewer than 100 employees
- $500 for fewer than 1,000 employees
- $750 for fewer than 5,000 employees
- $1,000 for fewer than 10,000 employees
- $2,000 for greater than or equal to 10,000 employees
Any size college, university, or educational institution with faculty or staff focused on sustainability interested in fulfilling the Mission and Vision of the association, and contributing annual dues of $250, in exchange for access to all programming and resources provided by the association, and recognition and promotion as an Academic Member.
Membership is open to all organizations except government or quasi-governmental (Section 115). Member services are targeted to for-profit businesses in Iowa implementing practices within their own operations (e.g. manufacturing, retail, professional services). All members sign a membership application, non-disclosure agreement (NDA), and Code of Conduct. Vendors who sell sustainability services are welcome, and may also be interested in sponsorships opportunities. Contact: info@iowaSBF.org
By joining this problem-solving network, you'll have a confidential, invitation-only forum for sharing best practices to:
- American Pop Corn Company
- Bankers Trust
- Barilla America
- Blu Pagoda LLC
- BNIM Architects
- Casey’s General Stores
- CIRAS – Iowa State University
- CJ Bio America, Inc.
- CURRIES – ASSA ABLOY
- Dickson Industries, Inc.
- ESP International
- Frontier Co-op
- Hach Company
- HNI, Allsteel & HON Company
- Huggins Consulting Group, LLC
- Ideal Energy, Inc.
- JPEC – University of Iowa
- Kemin Industries
- Kent Corporation
- Kum & Go, LC
- McFarland Clinic
- Meredith Corporation
- MIU – College of Business Administration
- Mount Mercy University
- New Leader Manufacturing
- Quincy Recycle Paper
- Raining Rose
- RDG Planning & Design
- Region XII Council of Governments
- Renewable Energy Group, Inc.
- Ruan Transport Corporation
- Sky Factory
- Stellar Industries, Inc.
- Sustainable Environmental Consultants
- UNI – College of Business Administration
- Valent Biosciences LLC
- Voss Distributing LLC
- Wells Enterprises, Inc.
- West Liberty Foods
- WHKS & Co.