ISBF is the only organization with Iowa companies sharing state-specific proven best practices in sustainability—the business case for environmental and social responsibility.
We do not prescribe solutions, rather we survey our business members annually about their most pressing issues and theme our quarterly events around those topics.
- Webinars—Easy Access – Quarterly, ISBF hosts two free webinars, each featuring two organizations sharing a proven best practice from a different business perspective.
- Roundtables—High Value – Semi-annually, ISBF hosts a closed, confidential business roundtable with free lunch, guest speaker, and 2-hour asking for help from peer professionals with your #1 sustainability issue. Non-member guests pay a fee.
- Tours—Most Popular – Semi-annually, ISBF hosts a members-only regional tour of sustainable business practices in one metro area. We provide a shuttle to at least three companies providing a presentation and physical site visit. There is always one lunch stop.
- Member Library—Largest in Iowa – ISBF boasts the largest online library of corporate sustainability best practices in Iowa: 87 videos and 20 event summaries since 2014. At least 16 videos and 4 event summaries are added every year.
- Member Directory—Direct Access to Answers – ISBF boasts Iowa businesses willing to share and learn on pre-competitive environmental and social issues. Name, title, email, and phone number. With 48 business members, we continue to growing quickly.
ISBF members have access to proven best practices in sustainability—the business case for environmental and social responsibility. The following categories are available in our member library. Contact info@iowaSBF.org for a full listing of topics and companies presenting.
- Definition, Marketing & Reporting (19 videos)
- Energy Efficiency & Renewable Generation (18 videos)
- Water Use Reduction & Stewardship (11 videos)
- Waste Reduction, Products & Packaging (10 videos)
- Transport Efficiency & Renewable Fuels(6 videos)
- Safety, Health & Wellness (13 videos)
- Diversity, Inclusion & Collaboration (11 videos)
- Giving & Volunteerism (11 videos)
- Financial Literacy & Decision-Making(2 videos)
- Megan BakerIowa Sustainable Business ForumExecutive Director
- Alicia SimmonsFrontier Co-opCSR ManagerLeadership Director, President
- Lisa Brunie-McDermottHNI CorporationDirector of Corporate Social ResponsibilityAt-Large Director, 2022-2025, Vice President
- Leah BartonCIRAS, Iowa State UniversityAssistant DirectorLeadership Director, 2023-2026, Treasurer
- Eric BiedermanCasey’s General StoresProcurement & Sustainability ManagerImmediate Past-President
- Justin DevoeCasey's General StoresEnergy & Sustainability SpecialistLeadership Director, 2023-2026
- Kelly Gipple, PHRBarilla AmericaHuman Resources SpecialistLeadership Director, 2023-2026
- Naura Heiman Godar, AIA, WELL APRDG Planning & DesignSenior Partner, ArchitectAt-Large Director, 2021-2024
- Jenny JensenDanone North AmericaProgram & Methods Manager, Regenerative AgricultureAt-Large Director, 2023-2026
- Alan SchumacherIowa Recycling AssociationPast-PresidentPublic Representative