We connect Iowa businesses to continuously improve practices that positively impact people, planet, and profits.
We envision Iowa businesses as innovators and role models for the sustainable and profitable stewardship of natural and human resources.
Where do you look for solutions to your business sustainability concerns?
ISBF is the only organization with Iowa companies sharing state-specific proven best practices in sustainability—the business case for environmental and social responsibility initiatives.
We do not prescribe solutions, rather we survey our business members annually about their most pressing issues and theme our quarterly events around those topics.
- Webinars—Easy Access – Quarterly, ISBF hosts two (2) free webinars, each featuring two (2) organizations sharing a proven best practice from a slightly different perspective.
- Roundtables—High Value – Semi-annually, ISBF hosts a closed, confidential business roundtable with free lunch, guest speaker, and 2-hour asking for help from peer professionals with your #1 sustainability issue. Non-members pay a fee.
- Tours—Most Popular – Semi-annually, ISBF hosts a members-only regional tour of sustainable business practices in one metro area. We provide a shuttle to at least three (3) companies providing a presentation and physical site visit.
- Member Library—Largest in Iowa – ISBF boasts the largest online library of corporate sustainability best practices in Iowa: 57 videos and 13 event summaries ending 2018. 16 videos and 4 event summaries are added every year.
- Member Directory—Direct Access to Answers – ISBF boasts Iowa businesses willing to share and learn on pre-competitive environmental and social issues. Name, title, email, and phone number. With 31 members ending 2018, we growing quickly.
- Adam HammesIowa Sustainable Business ForumExecutive Director
- Michele BoneyWest Liberty FoodsDirector – Environmental Health & SafetyPresident
- Eric BiedermanCasey’s General StoresEnergy & Sustainability ManagerVice President
- Alicia SimmonsFrontier Co-opSustainability ManagerBoard Member
- Russ O’RourkeBarilla AmericaEHS ManagerBoard Member
- Paul GormleyIowa State University – CIRASGreen Manufacturing SpecialistBoard Member
- Jeff HugginsHuggins Consulting GroupPartner, APRSecretary